Imagine What We Can Do Together.
Every day we are committed to delivering amazing experiences. We are excited, inspired and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to envision, innovate, and activate the spaces and places that bring people together to elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
The post holder must take full ownership of their duties and tasks and use their initiative to manage their time accordingly in order to achieve the full requirements of the role.
Responsible for the highest standard of maintenance which includes Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance Services providing best possible support to the Utilita Arena Newcastle and ancillary venues, clients and customers ensuring events are delivered whilst providing premises that are safe and secure fully in compliance with statutory standards and approved codes of practice. The role is focused on maintaining and developing the facilities and installed systems, along with delivering event and building services in preparation, during and after event occupancy.
The Post Holder shall take ownership of the operation, maintenance and service of all building services, infrastructure and equipment in order to plan work/services to maximise reliability and availability thereby maintaining environmental conditions and standards of service.
Utilita Arena Newcastle is one of the most prestigious and important venues in the North East of England as the largest indoor entertainment and exhibition venue, on the iconic Newcastle River Tyne, with an 11000-capacity auditorium, 600 surface car park in the city centre of Newcastle, entertaining 500,000 visitors per year.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- To carry out, coordinate and plan, working with the Head of Operations, Senior Multi-skilled engineer and FM Hub to deliver high quality service.
- Support the operations department with achieving statutory compliance, acceptable functional performance as a minimum and, a service which is customer focused and supports frontline event delivery.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and communications with staff, visitors and clients at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability and contribute toward building strong working relationships and effective communication within the all venue departments, with clients, the FM HUB and with external contractors.
- Attend and on occasion lead meetings, including technical updates and toolbox talks and promote collective working and demonstrate a cooperative working approach in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the venue operations.
- To understand the workings of engineering services, systems and plant within the Venue. Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and are utilised safely and efficiently.
- Provide technical support during events, load in and load outs both internally and externally and acting as event engineer including the installation of temporary power, operation of the building’s sound and lighting systems and event time reactive maintenance. Demonstrating competency and knowledge of BS7671 and BS7909.
- Maintain accurate records in line with Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- Identify and communicate defects and action plans through physical inspections whilst undertaking normal duties, reviewing statutory inspection reports and observing the way building facilities, plant and systems are being operated. With the aim of achieving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- To support project development and delivery across all departments.
- Provide technical advice and support to other departments.
- To support the development and utilise use of a CAFM system as directed to track and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive. Receiving, updating and closing off requests and maintaining records.
- Ensure a prompt response to alarms generated by the Building Systems.
- During emergencies and urgent situations undertake tasks outside of your core discipline and work both closely and supportively with other departments, clients and external contractors.
- To undertake activities unsupervised and deliver high standards.
- Provide local knowledge and supervision monitoring the performance of external contractors works. Including supervision of site visits, ensuring works are carried out safely and with minimal impact on core business activities.
- Develop, review and maintain relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with Health and Safety Legislation and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Negotiating and obtaining quotes for contracted maintenance and capital projects, based on approved specifications developed in conjunction with the Senior Multi-Skilled engineer, Head of Operations and ASM Global’s FM Hub.
- To respond to breakdowns of equipment and to carry out testing, maintenance and diagnose faults and carry out timely repairs safely to all engineering, plant and building services and equipment.
- To undertake minor new works or refurbishments and to assist specialist contractors and sub-contractors in installations and refurbishments to the building fabric, plant, building systems, assets and building services.
- The post holder shall ensure they gain understanding of the scope of planned, reactive and new works and processes of procurement and scheduling. Making assessments and estimates towards works and projects, labour requirements, costs, parts and equipment requirements.
- Develop PPM schemes working with the Senior Multi-skilled engineer, Head of Operations and the estates managers and FM Hub.
- Service, maintain and repair building fabric, plant, assets, building systems and building services both to PPM schedules and reactively.
- To assist with grounds maintenance/snow and ice clearance and labouring duties if required and to carry out some cleaning duties to plant rooms, ducts and drains when required with an awareness of the safe handling and use of chemical products.
- To ensure the use of all PPE provided when required for working activities in line with method statements and safe systems of work.
- To assess the requirements for and maintain stock levels and replenishment of critical spare parts and components.
- To take responsibility for the security and good housekeeping of restricted areas, plant rooms, storage areas and workshop spaces.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies). Including :
- Undertaking, developing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements for work in which the role involves.
- Completing incident forms for accidents or near misses or events which require reporting.
- Remaining vigilant of unforeseen hazards and risks to oneself and others.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward learning new skills and undertaking training including travelling to alternative locations to undertake training.
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalizing impact.
- To observe and comply with security policies in relation to personal behaviour and the protection of ASM global buildings and assets.
- To undertake any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role as assigned by Senior Multi-skilled engineer, Duty Manager, Head of Operations, and General Manager.
- To support the other roles within the department, providing assistance when and where requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3/C&G/ONC or equivalent together with experience post qualification in a maintenance environment. Ideally knowledge of Electrical systems, Control Engineering systems and experience of Mechanical, Building Maintenance, and Plumbing.
- Evidence of knowledge of BS7671 and BS7909 in relation to electrical systems.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take responsibility for problem solving, fault finding and repairs as required.
- Recent Counter balance Fork Lift Truck training and IPAF are desirable.
- Previous Experience within the Events industry is Desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of Portable appliance and fixed appliance testing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safe Isolation procedures.
- An awareness of Microsoft office software.
- Awareness of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
- Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and Events sector. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays. The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling.
There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues.