The position is responsible for providing the highest standard of maintenance, event delivery and custodial support to Manchester Arena and other ASM Global venues. The role is focused on maintaining and developing the Estate and installed systems, along with delivering event and building services in preparation, during and after event occupancy.
- To ensure the safety of all building and event systems including but not limited to HVAC, general and emergency lighting, power distribution and emergency generation/inverters, boilers, heat pumps and chillers, control systems, communications systems, access control and domestic hot and cold water systems.
- Maintain accurate records in line with SFG20 Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- To support project development and delivery across all departments.
- To support the other roles within the department, providing assistance when and where requested.
- To support the development and use of a CAFM system as directed to track and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive.
- Ensure a prompt response to maintenance, event and other building faults, prioritising event delivery.
- Provide local knowledge and support to external contract maintenance works ensuring works are carried out safely and minimise the impact on the core business.
- Develop, review and maintain relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with Health and Safety Legislation and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Ensure the safe operation and maintenance of building systems.
- Provide technical support during events, load in and load outs both internally and externally.
- Support ESOS informed changes and requirements.
- Assist with cost efficiencies.
- Ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies).
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal departments and Local Authority Representatives.
- To be a positive influential member of the technical team.
- To work as show engineer as required including the installation of temporary power, operation of the building’s sound and lighting systems and event time reactive maintenance.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by Senior Engineer, Deputy Estates Director and General Manager.
Skills & Competencies required:
- To hold an engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3/C&G/ONC or equivalent together with 3 years’ experience post qualification in a maintenance environment. Ideally in-depth knowledge of Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering systems or experience of Mechanical, Building Maintenance, and Plumbing.
- Electrical Testing and Verification of electrical installation certified or Gas Safe Approved.
- An awareness of office based IT systems for report writing.
- Awareness of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
- Reliable with the willingness to learn and develop.
- Capable of integrating into a team, demonstrating the ability to work both alone and as a team member.
- Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the commercial market place. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
- The ability to work to predetermined budgets.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take responsibility for problem solving, fault finding and repairs as required.
- Aware of the environmental impact of the event business.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Prepared to take on challenges.
- Understanding and keen to utilise new technologies.
- Reasonable skills with AutoCAD are a beneficial
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays.
The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling.
There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues.