As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world. Delivering great experiences is dependent on creating a safe and secure environment for our customers and employees. That’s why security is at the forefront of every event and every venue, from Stockholm to Aberdeen
Utilita Arena Newcastle is one of the most prestigious and important venues in the North East of England as the largest indoor entertainment and exhibition venue, on the iconic Newcastle River Tyne, with an 11000-capacity auditorium, 600 surface car park in the city centre of Newcastle, entertaining 500,000 visitors per year.
The Concierge Security Officer will provide asset protection and security. They will control access to the site and be the initial point of contact for staff, contractors and visitors to the site during predominantly non-event days. They will welcome those attending the site, provide contractor inductions and access control for deliveries. They will also actively monitor the site via CCTV and for potential security risks.
Essential Duties and key Responsibilities
- To provide safe controlled access and maintain a high standard of service to all guests, staff, colleagues and visitors, demonstrate a high level of customer service with a welcoming approach, whilst sustaining a strict security policy.
- To act as a key-holder to unlock the site and secure the site.
- To ensure the site is undamaged and monitored proactively for all security and safety related occurrences.Reporting any findings in line with standard operating procedure.
- Visitor announcement and completion of inductions to contractors visiting the site.
- Provide key, fob and radio control to staff and clients according to standard operating procedure.
- To proactively operate, monitor and respond to CCTV, BMS, Fire Alarms and to log and report according to standard operating procedures. Including operating BMS with energy efficiency in mind.
- To maintain local communication via Radio systems and telecoms and provide clear logs of any occurrences reported.
- ANPR carpark permit administration for Production and Visitor vehicle registrations.
- Manage deliveries according to standard operating procedures reporting expected items to the appropriate department/person. Whilst remaining vigilant of potential hostile access or suspect packages.
- To monitor the actions of contractors whilst on site and report in-line with standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine internal and external patrols and complete checks and relevant documentation. Including H&S and cleaning issue reporting and recording.
- To monitor the site for potential criminal activity or potential hostile surveillance.
- Reporting of damage or maintenance issues.
- To monitor the security of the whole site and car park facilities.
- To provide radio control and respond calmly and coherently under pressure.
- Answering telephones when required and out of normal office hours to a high standard of customer service.
- Work in line with ASM Terrorism Threat Response Plan and reporting process.
- Work event control shifts.
- Follow event day Duty Manager’s procedural requirements and support where applicable.
- Any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role assigned by the Security Manager, Head of Operations, Duty Manager or General Manager.
- Current SIA Frontline Guarding or Door Supervisors Licence.
- Current SIA CCTV Licence.
- First Aid at Work Qualification.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations including those involving managing conflict.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office software, and radio communications devices.
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Presentable appearance.
- Reliable and flexible, the requirements of the business are such that a flexible working pattern is required including working evenings and weekends and bank holidays.
- Experience operating fire alarm systems.
- Well organised and professional.
- Ability to concisely log incidents as they occur.
- FREC 3 or FPOS First Aid qualification
- Experience in busy control room environments handling multiple channel communications.
- Previous experience preferably in the events, leisure, entertainment or hospitality industries
- Previous counter terrorism training such as ACT awareness.
Working patterns will be predominantly Monday to Friday although there may be occasional requirements to work weekends and bank holidays dependent on business needs.
ASM Global requires all security staff to be vetted in accordance with BS7858 which includes the following:
- 5 years of employment verification
- 6 year credit search
- Proof of ID & UK right to work
- Proof of address
- A valid SIA licence and/or carrying out basic disclosure/ACPO/DBS check.
- Coverage of any 31+ day employment gap
To comply with changes in legislation and company policies training will be provided as required from time to time of this position in order to maintain the appropriate levels of service within the facility